Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, weve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital & helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why weve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role:
Were helping people get financial protection. But what if you have no clue what you need? Cant tell a deductible from a drainpipe? Never fear! The Policygenius content team is here. Editorial at Policygenius serves to build consumer awareness & provide decision support with the ultimate goal of helping readers become customers. This is a potentially long journey from discovery to education to action.
The Staff Writer will help write & edit a library of best-in-class educational content for decision support across multiple insurance verticals. This role will report to our SEO Managing Editor & work closely with our team of Staff Writers & Insurance Editors to grow organic search traffic to our insurance Learn Centers. The Staff Writer will play a key part in delivering on Policygenius mission.
- Write & edit the best explainer content on the internet about life, health, renters, pet, disability & auto insurance. (And more to come!)
- Collaborate with our SEO Managing Editor & Senior Content Strategy Manager on keyword strategy for our high-intent insurance content
- Refresh & optimize our existing library of high-intent content in line with our SEO plan to grow organic traffic to existing pages
- Successfully grow search traffic to our content pages & increase conversion rates to our shopping product
- Combine your analytical & editorial sensibilities while you nerd out on your research, but make your writing simple & clear
- 1+ years experience writing & editing personal finance content for a digital publication
- A passion for editing & making financial protection information accessible, easy to digest & even (gasp!) fun to read
- Knowledge of insurance & personal finance fundamentals youd be comfortable giving advice to your friends & family
- Familiarity with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- Ability to get information you need -- knowledge of where to pull industry reports & resources you might need in writing company reviews, state guides, etc
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)