Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics & the first company tocommercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate & precise picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to grow, change, & develop resistance to treatment. We have combined decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology, & our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We believe our tests can accelerate new drug development & improve the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish & new uses of our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents & energies to achieve results far beyond what any single individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want to be part of our fantastic team.
Lead development, implementation & execution of external strategies & messaging to communicate the Guardant Health story, building a positive reputation with key external stakeholders including investors. Collaborate with & advise senior leaders & functional groups including Investor Relations, Marketing, Clinical Development, Tech Development, Legal & Regulatory to ensure external corporate messaging is consistent & supports Guardant's Health's mission. Support development of messaging across Guardant Health product portfolio. Champion Guardant's values internally & partner with the People Team to develop strategies & messaging that generates excitement for potential job candidates & current employees. Serve as a media spokesperson; build & maintain relationships with key reporters. Maintain expert knowledge of the competitive, scientific, technical, regulatory, & reimbursement landscape. Manage high-profile communication issues & crises.
- Develop & manage integrated strategic external & internal corporate communication programs & content that support company business goals by achieving appropriate positioning opportunities for Guardant Health, its products & programs, & supporting its desired image among key internal & external audiences.
- Lead the development & distribution of written & oral communication in order to deliver the company story to a wide variety of internal & external stakeholders
- Drive relationship-building & engagement with media/influencers to generate frequent, positive coverage.
- Become a subject matter expert & passionate storyteller about Guardant Health & our mission
- Plan the Editorial Calendar & report results of our media engagement
- Support senior leaders with speaking engagements
- Handle highly sensitive, confidential corporate communications, initiatives & projects & advise senior management on associated communication strategies & issues. Lead & manage communication strategy & execution during crises.
- Collaborate with finance, marketing, medical affairs, clinical development & regulatory to identify key messages & ensure accurate information is reflected in external corporate communications.
- Work closely with Marketing to develop programs that support & complement product marketing campaigns
- Advance Guardant Health policy positions & messaging to ensure IR & PR communications vendors are positioned to engage stakeholders
- Performs all other related duties as required
- Travel Requirement: 25%
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelors Degree & 10+ years of related experience in pharmaceutical/Biotech or Diagnostic communications
- Pharma/biopharma or Diagnostic communications experience required
- Executive presence & comfort in all interactions with employees, senior-level management & critical external stakeholders, (e.g. media, policy officials, advocates)
- Proven ability to lead through influence, flexibility & diplomacy
- Excellent writing, presentation & oral communication skills with strong business acumen & ability to create messaging that drives engagement
- High level of energy, initiative & ownership
- High result orientation with proven track record of strong implementation skills
- Strong interpersonal, partnering, & influencing skills; ability to bring together a variety of different viewpoints from different stakeholders, incl. senior management, & to work towards a common approach with the right level of integration & guidance
- Experience in PR agency management & selection
· This role reports into the VP of Marketing
· This role has 1 direct report
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.