Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy insurance online. Since 2014, weve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer inFintech & helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
The Finance team is at the heart ofeverything Policygenius does. We ensure that financial performance is forecasted & tracked & that each department has the financial data it needs to meet goals. Reporting into the VP of Finance,you willhave a unique opportunity to play anintegralrole in developing Pgs financial strategy & building processes from the ground up!
- Streamline FP&A operations to enable better decision making & deliver deeper analysis on faster timelines
- Lead company-wide monthly/quarterly forecasting processes, including assisting in the development of corporate budgets & financial targets
- Support colleagues on financial issues impacting their areas of accountability & help build/enhance reporting as necessary
- Maintain our analysis & budgeting process with input & guidance from senior leadership
- Collaborate with the Assistant Controller to analyze & report out on budgeted results & when necessary, reforecasting to shape decision making
- Provide accurate, timely, & actionable monthly reporting on key business metrics to operating teams, company leadership, & other groups as necessary
- A Bachelors degree & 4+ years of financial planning & analysis experience; insurance agency/brokerage experience preferred
- A passion for numbers & precision; you understand the importance of company financials & do not compromise on accuracy
- Excellent customer focus, a service mentality, & the desire to partner with internal stakeholders
- Extraordinary written & verbal communication skills
- Superior analytical & problem solving skills & the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated success working in an independent, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis
- Advanced modeling & presentation skills; experience in Excel, Google Docs, & Quickbooks or similar system
- An energetic,go-getter mentality, a no job too big or small attitude, & a passion for the Policygenius mission
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)