Are you passionate about operations & finance? Are you a people person with excellent organizational & communication skills? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a diversity of challenges?
Appians Operations team is growing! This role demands someone with comfort in both business & finance & an interest in translating between the two. We are looking for someone who is quick, enthusiastic & has an extremely high level of attention to detail. This is a highly visible role that reports directly into the Professional Services Operations Director. There is a huge opportunity to make a significant impact on the business. If you like to look at things from different angles & come up with great solutions, this is the role for you!
- You have 3-5 years of financial analysis, project finance, project control , finance operations, or corporate finance-related experience in a professional services/consulting organization. Working knowledge of T&M & FFP projects.
- You are pro-active & have great communication skills to support business stakeholders at different levels & across functional areas of an organization
- Experience working for a Federal Government Contractor is preferred
- You are a numbers person who has a passion for the financial success & reporting of a growing global company
- You have experience with Salesforce, OpenAir, Projector and/or related systems
- You are educated with a Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, and/or related field
- You have strong analytical & problem solving skills for planning & budgeting processes
- You are an Excel whiz with expertise in creating & manipulating Pivot Tables & using other Excel formulas
- You are a fast learner who can work independently with little direction
How youll contribute:
- Support Project Managers & Project Directors in the project budgeting, forecasting, & Estimate-at-Completion (EAC) process
- Partner with key stakeholders across Professional Services & other areas of the organization to support the financial & operational management of Professional Services projects & business areas
- Support the development of financial processes & reporting vital to the operation of the Professional Services organization
- Run OpenAir & SalesForce integrations with Projector
- Responsible for financial reporting, revenue forecasting, utilization tracking & business management duties as necessary
- Assist with other corporate financial analyses including profit margins & financial planning by regions
- Work closely with Appians Finance team to analyze monthly reports, track & follow-up on missing/incomplete/incorrect timesheets
- Contribute to project labor costing & relevant SOW analysis, bill rate analysis & FFP complete revenue recognition
- Build out & conduct best practices including Budgeting, Forecasting, Timesheet Compliance, & other relevant training for new managers
At Appian, you will help us build our award-winning PaaS product that enables business people to build cloud & mobile enterprise applications with flexible, visual models instead of custom code. Appian discovers & unites enterprise data, connects users through social & collaborative engagement in the context of business data, & provides the leading suite of business process technology to enable rapid application development & optimization in every industry.