We are a group of passionate individuals working towards making TouchBistro the #1 global POS product. We are all about ownership, giving each member the tools, support, & freedom to succeed. Above all else, we value personal & professional growth, true teamwork & collaboration, & celebrating each other's wins while still driving to achieve even more. We are fun, scrappy, & arent afraid to take risks. If this sounds like a team youd like to be a part of, get in touch!
TouchBistro is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our ever growing team in our Toronto office. You will be responsible for managing, improving & building out development workflows & production systems as the company continues to scale!
- Work alongside the development & data infrastructure teams to enable them to release code quickly & securely in production
- Improve system reliability & scalability through disaster recovery & fault tolerance initiatives
- Suggest & implement continuous improvements & automations for application infrastructure & security
- Participate in DevOps design, reviews & best practice discussions
- Provide leadership & mentorship for junior team members
ALL ABOUT YOU
- 3-5 years experience with AWS (or another cloud platform) & its core services (RDS, EC2, Route53, VPCs, Security Best Practices, etc.)
- Strong hands-on experience in Infrastructure-as-Code tools & practices (Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Terraform or similar)
- Working knowledge of configuration management software (Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar)
- Experience with performance monitoring & alerting (CloudWatch, Newrelic, Datadog, or similar)
- Experience managing & working with Linux/Windows operating systems, virtualization, containers (Docker), orchestration with ECS/EKS or similar, & core networking concepts
- Ability to create custom tools & automations using scripting or programming languages & toolsets (Powershell, Bash, Python, Ruby, Go)
- Understanding of CI/CD systems (i.e. Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, or similar) & hands-on experience deploying & debugging applications (Nodejs, Ruby).
- Able to occasionally work out of hours & be part of an on-call rotation
- Working knowledge of the Windows ecosystem (Active Directory, MSSQL)
- Advanced Networking concepts in AWS
- Experience in developing with AWS SDK/CDKs
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. Were a team of thinkers, builders, doers, & innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
At TouchBistro youll join a fun, vibrant & rapid growth environment where youll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative & respectful. We offer great benefits such as stock options, career progression, professional development, volunteer days, health/dental benefits, Friday lunches & more!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.