Via is looking for an exceptional lawyer to join us as we look to rapidly grow our business (including our SaaS business with public & private sector customers) domestically & internationally & prepare to launch new cities around the world.
AsCommercial Counsel, Legal Affairs, you will be the fifth full-time lawyer to join our dynamic & growing Legal Department, & the first to focus specifically on complex revenue-generating commercial contracts. You will work closely with all members of the legal team, gaining hands-on exposure to all aspects of in-house legal work at a fast-growing startup.
Responsibilities & Duties
- As a legal contact for our Partnerships team, you will manage multiple deals & support colleagues in the U.S. & internationally, with sound business & legal judgment & a clear sense of company priorities.
- Draft, review & negotiate a fast-growing pipeline of complex SaaS (Software as a Service)/TaaS (Transportation as a Service) contracts with a wide variety of domestic & international, public & private sector customers.
- Manage contractual relationships with vendors.
- Ensure & track compliance with GDPR & other data privacy laws through oversight of Data Protection Agreements with vendors.
- Respond to inquiries on contract interpretation & compliance.
- Work on various contractual matters with cross-disciplinary teams from Finance, Business Development, Operations, Growth & Communications, & advise on relevant legal issues & risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, & company policies & procedures.
- Provide general legal support to our global business on an as-needed basis.
- Meticulous & vigilant, with a keen attention to detail
- Willing to wear multiple hats & work on contracts of all types
- Team player who works well cross-functionally
- High-energy & enjoy working autonomously
- Outstanding contract drafter & negotiator
- Business-minded (you will negotiate business as well as legal issues)
- Excellent analytical & critical thinking skills
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the on-demand transportation industry
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, & development
- JD from a top tier law school, 2-5 years experience at a top law firm, in-house legal department or a combination of the two, including significant transactional experience.
- In-house legal experience strongly preferred; experience with startups is a bonus but not required
- Substantive expertise in corporate & tech transactions preferred.
- Location New York, NY.
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.