At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse company where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an experienced User Experience Researcher to join our Planning team. Youll partner with Product Management, Design, Data Science, Operations, & Engineering to obtain deep insights about our users behaviors & attitudes, & to communicate results & recommendations across the company. Youll get creative about new areas, test concepts as they are being developed, & evaluate products & services once theyve rolled out.
You are a flexible team player that excels in an energetic working environment. You are also comfortable working closely with passionate designers, product managers, & engineers that care deeply about creating experiences that bring people together.
- Design & conduct studies across important product areas, using methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing (remote & in-person), ideation workshops, & any other methods you find impactful
- Review, analyze, & communicate qualitative data to produce strategic insights, & applicable recommendations which guide product & service decisions & design improvements for users
- Partner with our quantitative UX & data science partners to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights
- Find creative ways to produce, present, & promote results & recommendations throughout the company, to help cultivate an informed, more engaging, & more empathetic team
- 3+ years of experience with Product organizations conducting ux research studies including both qualitative & quantitative methods such as usability/user testing, surveys, & in-context interviews
- Experience conducting research with maps/wayfinding; ideally experience conducting research for safety-critical environments (automotive, aviation, etc)
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Ability to speak to & educate teams about user research
- Experience independently leading projects from planning through delivery
- Excellent story-telling abilities & presentation skills
- Enthusiasm for a team-oriented, collaborative, energetic, & fun environment
- Comfort with ambiguous, complex problems
- Bonus points
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field
- Background in search, routing, location-based services, situation awareness, and/or behavioral science
- Able to communicate in a language other than English
- Experience leading research on mobile platforms
- Understand behavioral analysis & statistical concepts
- Design thinking methods & brainstorm facilitation
- Visual, information design, & wireframing skills
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.