We are looking for an experienced & highly technical principal software engineer to join the Identity Experience team. The team is responsible for building the Okta Identity Engine & creating a customizable platform that allows Oktas customers to configure & brand our out-of-the-box product & make it their own. We are looking for smart, innovative & passionate engineers to join the team & lead the technical path of the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion & great pride in elegant solutions & will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, & an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. Identity is deeply important & providing a platform for customers to secure their applications is one of your passions.
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management platform, built from the ground up in the cloud & delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta, organizations can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps organizations become more secure, make people more productive, & maintain compliance.
The Okta platform provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, & built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform & integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, & identity management systems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, implement, review & troubleshoot highly scalable software
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope & plan engineering efforts
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation & UX team
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 5+ years of backend software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software
- Experience with Java, Hibernate, Spring
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles & practices
- Experience working with a system of scale
- Knowledge of Identity & Access Management protocols & technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, & multi-threading
- Experience working in Security, Cryptography, or Authn & Authz
- Experience in TDD
Education & Training:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science