Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Network Processing Project Management Office (PMO) is seeking a Scrum Master to deliver technology solutions using iterative software development methodologies including Scrum & Kanban. Key responsibilities include:
Lead one or more Agile scrum team(s) following the defined Agile methodologies using Scrum, TDD, Kanban & XP
Facilitate discussion & conflict resolution.
Track & remove impediments for the team as quickly as possible.
Communicate early & often within the team & with stakeholders.
Demonstrate ability to influence agile habit of team members to increase team performance at a sustainable pace
Organize effective core teams & build necessary collaborations with business stakeholders, operations & implementation teams
Process evangelist - Coach team members using Agile Principles to help team mature in agile process
Facilitate cross team collaboration with the internal teams to fully understand business requirements & desired business outcomes with respect to production issues
Work with product owner to ensure a well-groomed Product Backlog for the teams to ensure long term work visibility is maintained
Make recommendations on the improvement of processes/tools & help establishing an Agile COE with them
Demonstrate ability to influence Product Development & Management teams to improve product features & supportability of a product offering by identifying problems & suggesting and/or driving implementation of fixes or features.
Ability to tackle difficult issues & handle strong personalities. Must excel at decision making, conflict management
Measure team sprint success by using standard sprint metrics & drive team efficiency & productivity improvement through data points
Proactively identify risks & manage dependencies within & external to the team
Track sprint status & maintain meticulous records (schedule, capacity, dependencies, issues, risks,)
- Provide support to PMO management for integrated roadmap planning activities
- Lead boldly & utilize hard & soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- 4+ years of experience managing technology projects; using Agile methodology. 3+ years of experience working as a Scrum Master with multiple teams
- Certified Scrum Master qualification from reputed organization : CSM from Scrum Alliance, SAFe Certified Scrum Master or ACP from PMI.
- Advanced knowledge of agile team metrics include burn-down chart, capacity plan, sprint goal mapping, success radiator etc
- Knowledge of at least one computer programming language like Java, C++, GO or C#
- 3+ years of hands on experience on at least one of the following Agile software products - JIRA, CA Central; collaboration tools including Wiki, MS Teams & SharePoint.
- Ability to tackle difficult issues & handle strong personalities. Must excel at decision making, conflict management
- Outstanding, proactive communication skills - written, verbal & more
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities & collaborate effectively within a program team
- Strong leadership qualities & organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, & roles
- Independent judgment & mature decision making skills
- SAFe certification is a plus & desired
- Financial services & card payments experience is a plus.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Incumbent must make themselves availableduring core business hours.This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.