The Audience Development Manager will be responsible for drilling into analytics daily to understand (and act on) audience interest, writing the newsletter & growing newsletter subscriptions, tracking editor output & visit return, suggesting content tailored for specific platforms, & pursuing content opportunities based on data. If you have a passion for beauty content & experience using data to grow a site, we want to talk to you!
In this role, you will:
- Oversee monthly, quarterly & annual reporting on the beauty project, highlighting the teams meaningful original wins & delivery of clients goals
- Track content output & return
- Lead re-posting strategy, resurfacing relevant content from archives to be updated by staff
- Manage partnerships
- Lead SEO strategy & reporting with provided tools
- Lead social strategy in regards to traffic back to site
- Oversee paid media budget
- Oversee regular newsletter email builds
- Provide monthly, quarterly & annual reporting on email performance
- Operationalize cross-platform marketing efforts against key tentpoles & audience acquisition efforts such as sweepstakes
In order to thrive in this role, you must have:
- 4-6 years of experience in product management/online publishing, or related field
- Experience with various analytics tools & ability to train up on new tools quickly
- Ability to translate site data into actionable content direction
- Familiarity with web traffic trends & environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to stay ahead of trends & adapt to a constantly changing digital landscape
- Advanced Analytics & basic HTML skills
- SEO expertise
- Paid media expertise, especially paid Facebook
- Newsletter growth experience experience with SalesForce Marketing Cloud a plus
This job is full-time, long-term temporary position & on site in Group Nine Medias New York offices. No phone calls, please.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
Thrillist is the #1 food, drink & travel brand for Gen Z & Millennials [source: Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020.] Thrillist serves as a guidebook for those that want new experiences & long to turn a good time into a great time. Our nonstop coverage of local culture inspires audiences to discover their world & celebrate every moment. In a serious world, we take fun seriously. In December 2016, Thrillist joined forces with NowThis, The Dodo, POPSUGAR & Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- a global top 10 publisher.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.