At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access & participate in, & that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, & trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets & people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse & Societe Generale, & together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain & crypto technology.
We are looking for an IT Program Manager to join our rapidly growing FinTech Company. The IT Program Manager is responsible for working with the IT Support Manager & Chief Security Officer to guide the vision of how Information Technology enables Paxos in all areas - from development to marketing, from operations to design. This role will implement strategic improvements to the broader IT Program which includes Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service, & Infrastructure as a Service. The individual will oversee IT vendors across procurement, third party risk management, & performance of SLAs.
The IT Program Manager will manage Paxos National Trusts IT governance, including addressing Gramm-Leach-Bliley compliance, FFIEC cybersecurity & other applicable data privacy & information security standards & regulatory requirements. The individual will be deeply steeped in aspects of IT from hardware to software, ergonomics to updates, & will have a keen understanding of how our teams procure, onboard, & provision.
What you will do:
- This position is responsible for strategic management of Information Technology
- Manage Paxos National Trusts IT governance, including addressing Gramm-Leach-Bliley compliance, FFIEC cybersecurity & other applicable data privacy & information security standards & regulatory requirements
- Evaluate, recommend, & negotiate with new services & applications in order to meet organizational needs
- Define, deliver, & support strategic plans for information technologies
- Monitor performance by conducting system audits of technologies used or implemented
- Lead procurement & provisioning for the organization in order to maintain continuity & avoid downtime
- Draft & recommend strategies, policies & procedures based on knowledge of compliance, regulations, & organizational review
- Execute program strategy within a prepared budget while analyzing variances & taking corrective action
- Present IT Program overview to external regulators or potential clients
- Ensure vendor performance meets SLAs
- Evaluate & track vendor risk & within an established framework for 3rd party risk management
What you need to have:
- Familiarity with data privacy & security standards
- Experience in IT program strategy or management
- Work history within a regulated entity
- An understanding of policies, procedures, & compliance
- Experience managing vendors & negotiating agreements
- Experience managing cross-functional projects with a focus on engagement with regulators, legal & compliance
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds & experience in banking, startups, tech giants, & big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London & Singapore & have big plans for our growth. Were looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working & intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers & regulators can trust. Were committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open & accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets & those who dont want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone & Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, & employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor & a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do & influence how we communicate & collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, & ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, & family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in & out of office.) In addition to the benefits & perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real & measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
The Paxos Blog
Paxos Raises $142MM Series C
The Future of Paypal & Paxos Partnership
Unchained Podcast: Paxoss Partnership With PayPal
Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature