As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment platform - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive.
Cross-border remittances & new business models (e.g., gig economy) require the ability to deploy rapid, frequent payouts. We are building a Technology Platform that will enable fast & ubiquitous push payments across a range of domestic & cross border use cases aiming to capture significant revenue opportunity across P2P, B2SB, & B2C flows & value-added services. Built on the latest standards/tech stack & providing open APIs, this platform will help drive innovation in the entire ecosystem.
We valuecreative & driven individualswho love toowntheir products, & design & implement solutions that create aseamless experiencefor consumers & clients. Our developers work across the stack, & are experts in service oriented architectures & technologies likeAngularJS, Java, Akka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Kafka & Containers.
As we embark on the journey to build this platform, we are looking for a Staff Software Engineer who can participate in the detailed design & development activities for this product build.
The role involves extensive hands-on activitiesincluding POCs, design, documentation, development & test of new functionality.
Here are key job responsibilities -
- Responsible for the architecture, design & development
- Interact with both business & technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products & services that meet business requirements & expectations while applying the latest available tools & technology
- Lead the development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs & converting ideas into real products
- Design, code & integrate application business layer with external application components
- Develop code & mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budgetand with good code quality
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code & be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworksand other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, & features in business terms
- Effectively communicate status, issues, & risks in a precise & timely manner
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required
- 8+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years of experience in technical leadership role
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher
- Expertise with Spring, Vertx, Akkaframework or similar
- Experience building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON andXML.
- Experience with Relationaland NoSQL database
- Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins or such build automation tools
- Proven experience delivering highly scalable & available production systems
- Strong analytical, problem solving & communication/articulation skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies & software development lifecycle principles
- Previous experience with financial services/payments processing experience a big plus