What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, & their inspiration with one another. We are the worlds first & largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, & buy original educational resources.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win. With over 2/3 of US teachers using the site, we are seeking engineers who are passionate about hyper growth & love solving complex problems.
On the Schools Engineering Team, were building a new experience that aims to create a space where a whole school can collaborate to find the best curriculum for their classrooms. Instead of dipping into their own wallets, teachers can now leverage TpT for Schools to purchase battle-tested, teacher-created resources with School funding.
Were pushing the boundaries of our React/Redux/Apollo frontend & Elixir GraphQL API to build great product in a way that balances speed of delivery in the short-term & the long-term. This includes code reviews, pairing, automated testing, A/B testing, proper monitoring/alerting, & establishing best practices that level up the engineering organization as a whole.
Check out what we're working on here: https://schools.teacherspayteachers.com/
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Experience with building, scaling, & monitoring resilient systems
- Comfortable working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Mentor teammates, communicate, & teach your learnings
- At least 5+ years of experience in development at scale
Extra Points for
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces, Search, or Data-Powered Products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor