The Role: Short Term Associate Copyeditor
The Associate Copyeditor will be primarily responsible for the copyediting, proofreading, fact-checking, & organization of copy.
Youll be part of a team that moves fast, & have the opportunity to support every member. You will get a holistic view & knowledge of the business, & bring that to the projects you work on. This role will be a part of a group that prides itself on the excellence of everything they do, that respects & protects the integrity of world-class brands, & has fun together doing it!
**This is role is a 3 month contract**
What You'll Do:
- Copyedit & proofread copy for: social media, marketing assets, & on-site material.
- Assist with the development & consistency of our daily emails
- Ensure all items adhere to editorial standards & our house style guide
- Bridge & eliminate inconsistencies among our channels & categories
- Review copy & layouts for accuracy, fact-checking where warranted
- Collaborate daily with other teams, from design & editorial to legal, in order to produce clear, effective copy that adheres to our voice & style
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- 1-2 years' experience in an editorial or production environment
- Expert-level knowledge of the English language, & the ins & outs of punctuation, phrases, & idioms
- Experience with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience working with design layouts & identifying when a design doesnt look right
- BA in English, Journalism, or similar concentration
- Fluency on Mac & PC systems
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY & CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Base Salary Range: $20.00 - $25.00/hr
Rue Gilt Groupe is committed to providing Associates with equal pay for equal work & carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including prior experience, skills & expertise, location, & internal equity. Our goal is to support, reward & compensate the entire individual. Depending on role eligibility, your offer may also include bonus/commission, equity, 401(k) match, & a variety of benefits. Therefore, final offer amounts may vary from the amount stated.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY, CA & Dublin offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all Associates who will work at our MA, NY, CA or Dublin offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered.