Do you like data? Do you like food? Are you interested in solving interesting problems? At Plated, the Data Science guild is at the epicenter in driving data utilization. We use data visualization, statistical analysis, predictive analytics & machine learning to solve business problems & drive efficiency through the organization. Our mission is to delight customers through the use of data. This is where you fit in.
We are seeking a talented Data Analyst to help provide insights into our business by partnering with cross functional teams & develop solutions to business problems using data visualization & statistical analysis. You are not only adept at visualization, but also at translating your solutions back into something that matters for your business partners. Your goal will be to challenge what is possible & drive positive business results through data absorption.
What Youll be Doing:
- Develop guild specific KPIs & build into visual dashboards.
- Help identify relevant metrics for business monitoring by translating business process into numbers & create self service methods for the business to receive.
- Have a strong passion about visualization & refrain from providing tables of numbers.
- Extend analysis beyond visualization & perform statistical analysis when necessary for trends & tests.
- Explore/build/test hypotheses in relevant business area, & develop/improve key performance indicators.
- Improve processes for extracting data, producing results, & making decisions, & (co)manage third party relationships.
- Automate processes where analyses become part of business practice.
- Identify & explore where new predictive models belong, & provide model information. Participate in the ingestion of models back into the business process.
- Acculturate data driven decision making among business practitioners, & improve learning & decision making
- Become a Tableau pro & get familiar enough with internal data.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Degree in statistics, computer science, engineering or related quantitative field.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in an analytical role supporting business functions.
- Advanced SQL skills & comfortable querying databases.
- Knowledge of Python or R.
- Comfortable operating in a spreadsheet environment such as Excel.
- Advanced user of visualization softwares such as Tableau, Qlik.
- Experience with statistical analysis & methods including hypothesis testing, trend analysis & inferential models.
- Ready to learn & grow in a culture of candid feedback & healthy debate.
- Familiar with UX Analytics & front-end tools such as Omniture, Google Analytics, ClickTale, Crazy Egg, etc.
Working at Plated:
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, & innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment weve built togetherand were looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits & perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Flexible PTO with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, & dental plans & a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, & adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, & Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, & food-related activities
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.