At Appian, we build awesome software that is used by our customers across the globe.
Become a critical part of daily Engineering execution by joining our Release Operations team, where you will drive the activities required to orchestrate & continually ship Appian software across multiple regions & languages at scale. You will leverage & improve on the fully automated build/test/deploy system that Appian uses for its software development, & manage its CI/CD DevOps pipeline. You will leverage your technical experience & provide support for administration & extension of release management infrastructure including JIRA, eazyBI, Github/Gitlab, Jenkins, & Appian. You will drive collaboration & coordination with organizations outside of Engineering involved in releases, including Customer Support, Cloud Operations & external translation partners. You will work with the internal development teams to assess & prioritize the requirements for web & mobile releases, weekly internal releases, hotfixes, & translations, & design/build/deploy new automation for all aspects of our release operations.
- Continually identify & address areas of improvement for release operations activities to reduce manual cost, time, & potential for human error
- Identify & contribute to the automation of every aspect of our operational activities, & help us in our mission to achieve continuous delivery
- Develop, extend, & maintain Engineering JIRA workflows as well as JIRA reports using native abilities & eazyBI reporting plugin
- Own & coordinate internal releases between Cloud & Engineering & release of weekly product hotfixes with Solution Engineering & Product Engineering teams
- Act as the point of escalation for issues & risks to the release, ensuring action items are assigned to owners & driven to resolution
- Coordinate ongoing translation exports & imports with translation partner
- Create new tools to increase departmental visibility into product quality, performance & releasability
- Passionate about DevOps, Release Engineering & trends including CI/CD
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficiency working in & administering an issue tracking system such as JIRA
- Experience in product delivery (CI/CD pipelines, Agile, Metrics dashboards, etc.)
- A strong knack for quickly learning complex technical concepts & Strong oral, written, & presentation skills
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.