Squarespace is looking for a self-motivated, proactive, & forward thinking Media Strategist. This strategist will take the lead on planning, implementing, & optimizing performance across our Content Partnerships & integrated buying (inclusive of digital, OOH, print, etc.) marketing channels. Our team works extensively with external brand partners & agencies, in addition to collaborating across internal marketing & analytics teams to deliver on topline business goals. This person will have access to stakeholders across multiple departments that rely on their insights to inform business decisions.
The ideal candidate is driven, critical, detailed, & has a keen ability to determine which opportunities are great versus good. You are comfortable working autonomously & have the ability to transform vision into action. You enjoy solving open-ended problems & organizing endless possibilities into a powerful & actionable plan. Design is important at Squarespace, & were looking to hire someone who takes pride in every pixelwhether on a spreadsheet, or a major bespoke branded content video.
Based in our NYC headquarters, this position reports to the Content Partnerships Team Lead.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if & when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Create channel strategies to drive subscriptions & brand growth
- Lead planning/negotiating & campaign management across branded content & integrated channels (digital, OOH, print, etc.) across US & international markets
- Source, evaluate, & execute partnerships for managed channels
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to inform campaign strategy & goals
- identify & present test opportunities that enhance the program, introduce new channels, & ladders up to the business goals
- 4-5 years of hands-on media planning & branded content experience - experience in OOH is a plus. Strong media knowledge is a must
- Strategic thinker who can connect their tasks to the higher level goals of the organization
- Ability to understand, analyze, & optimize brand & direct response media using brand lift & cost per acquisition; proficient in Excel / Google Sheets skills
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Capable of working autonomously & navigating ambiguity in order to find solutions for challenges
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with / curiosity about emerging channels & technology
- Boldness to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, balancing independent thought with collaboration
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.