Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Our Product Designers are strategic thinkers & problem solvers who are always searching for ways to enhance the experience of using Rent the Runway. Not only will you work collaboratively with the other designers, but also Product Managers, Product Marketers, UX Writers, Engineers, & other key stakeholders will be your strategic partners.
About the Role:
This role reports directly into the VP of User Experience & Product Design & will support UX-focused efforts such as research, user flows, wireframes & user testing in addition to delivering best-in-class final designs. The ideal candidate is someone who is extremely passionate about developing design solutions driven by real customer data, & strives to turn these insights into best-in-class experiences across web & native app interfaces. You will not only have a mastery of interface design, but also think about design in systematic ways.
Your work will help to inspire various teams across the organization by demonstrating (through prototypes) what is possible before it is built. As the Lead Product Designer, you will execute elegant, intuitive designs that build on UX flows as well as advance product, creative, & business strategies. The ideal candidate is a resourceful self-starter with a passion for UI & UX, has a deep interest in interactivity & front-end animation, a love of typography & composition, & previous experience using technology & user research to improve design solutions.
What Youll Do:
- Apply conceptual thinking & creativity to complex design problems from conception to production for site, app, email & other marketing initiatives
- Manage a small, but growing team of Product Designers
- Create low-fidelity prototypes followed by high-fidelity prototypes, demonstrating first functional thinking & then visual communication
- Create innovative designs that demonstrate brand consistency across all platforms & devices
- Thoughtfully & professionally communicate your design logic & rationale both internally with your creative peers as well as cross-functionally, to further your objectives in a collaborative & personable way
- Identify aspects of the site/app that can be improved & justify your perspective with data as well as industry best practices
- Lead & manage usability tests (setting up screeners, discussion guides, & moderating users)
- Execute innovative creative ideas to advance Rent the Runways brand vision
- Partner with other creative team members to unite the visual style consistency across the brand
- Bring positive energy & freshness to your daily collaboration with the product, tech & marketing teams to execute digital projects across all platforms
- Exude the desire to be challenged & inspired by new ways of thinking
- Manage & track asset handoff & production process for all designs
- Bachelors degree & a minimum of 7+ years of hands-on experience creating digital experiences
- Well organized, solutions-oriented, with a desire to work in pixel-perfect detail
- Understanding of the UX process & design principles
- Strong conceptual thinker with design sensibilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Love for typography, grid-based design, & design systems
- Collaborative team player with an interest in learning & listening to others
- Ability to present & pitch user-focused solutions to stakeholders
- Self-motivated, resourceful, hardworking with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Fluency in Sketch & the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to prototype in InVision, Principle, and/or Figma
- Foundational understanding of front end development as well as established & emerging web technologies
- Past experience working in e-commerce, fashion, and/or a startup a plus, but not required
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos & culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, & dental care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.