At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks.Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
- Manage Tax Department, including monitoring the preparation of tax work papers & related tax returns, managing/mentoring individuals & roles, determining resource needs & evaluating appropriate split between external vs. internal prepared tax returns
- Manage tax planning & compliance calendar to incorporate all tax deadlines & payments
- Proactively communicate relevant & significant tax matters, as well as actively participate in decision-making with senior management
- Determine the tax accounting for U.S. & Non-U.S. transactions.
- Act as the main point of contact for all tax matters
- Also act as the main point of contact for external tax preparers & other relevant service providers
- Review tax returns & related tax work papers
- Review tax provision for those entities that have an external audit (consolidated entity & several subsidiaries)
- Provide guidance to various accounting groups on how to improve efficiencies between accounting & tax
- Manage reporting & compliance of global indirect tax
- Work with IT to implement tax tools
- Manage, international, federal, state & local tax audits
- Other projects, including entity taxation as needed
Examples of desired skills, experience & knowledge:
- Strong understanding of corporate tax is required
- Experience with corporate tax & preparation or review of tax provisions is required
- Able to educate accountants on what critical items would improve the tax preparation process while not impeding the accounting processes
- Previous interaction with external CPA firms is required
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team within the Finance
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Thorough, detail-oriented, with big picture mindset
- Make sound & accurate judgments
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent analytical & written/oral communication skills
- Positive, eager to learn & take on challenges
- B.S. Degree in Accounting and/or Tax (Masters Degree in Tax is a plus)
- CPA with a minimum 15 years tax experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred, along with time spent in industry
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.