Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
CarGurus Algorithmic Traffic Acquisition team is looking to hire a Senior Software Architect. Our goal is to bring car shoppers to CarGurus as efficiently as possible. We're central to CarGurus' growth strategy, both in the US & abroad. This is a high impact role with exceptional visibility within the company.
Were looking for self-motivated Engineers who are passionate about creating software that is used by millions. Our team solves a variety of unique challenges, from designing complex data structures & algorithms to machine learning & mining big-data. We deploy code daily & use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software & analytics to consumers & dealers around the world.
One of our core beliefs is that useful data will lead to the best outcomes. We make decisions based on our data & insights. Each engineer manages their own products & projects. The autonomy in engineering is something we are very proud of & work hard to maintain. There will be great projects that can be both challenging & long term.
What Youll Do:
- Expand our reach by finding new ways to identify car shoppers.
- Scale our efforts to handle & take advantage of ever-increasing volumes of traffic & data.
- Improve our efficiency by developing algorithms & heuristics that analyze our data & adjust bids via partner APIs to show ads to people based on the likelihood that they'll find CarGurus useful.
- Manage, optimize & bid all our ads requires efficient & scalable architecture that can update & process large amounts of data.
- build & evolve the engine while we expand to new advertising platforms, new countries, & scale up our targeting to hundreds of millions of keywords.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of programming experience
- Strong ability to write high quality code & tests
- Knowledge of other SQL flavors & strength with queries & table
- Familiar with Ruby on Rails (not required), AWS, MySQL, REST Interfaces
Our Technical Environment: AWS, Python, R, RoR, MySQL, ElasticSearchka
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.