As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What's the job? As part of the Network Processing Product Development organization, you will be responsible for maintenance & support of Visa's Clearing & Settlement systems, which clear, settle, & deliver transactions to issuer & acquirer financial institutions globally, including developing, designing & implementing enhancements, diagnosing & troubleshooting problems, & initiating corrective actions. Through this challenging job, you will gain experience collaborating with various parts of the business in analyzing requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement & implementing changes to the system where it is needed. The product that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
Who are we looking for? You! We are looking for a Lead Systems Analyst having experience working on Card Payments applications or products. You are a great teammate, making sure that everyone on your team feels valued & is excited to work with you. Location, time pressure, distractions, none of it matters: no matter the environment, you know you can deliver & support amazing, high- performing products.
Experience & knowledge of payment products & payment applications in the Authorization, Clearing & Settlement space is necessary. You lead & encourage others to take risks, be bold, & innovate in order to create exceptional products that are both seamless for our clients & consumer facing. No matter the challenge, you know you can find a solution & encourage others to think the same. You recognize when to ask for help & when to collaborate with others, working across departments & influencing in areas beyond immediate control. Above all, you are someone who takes initiative & thinks like an owner - you've defined your everywhere & lead others to find theirs all while launching Visa ahead of the game.
- Analyze requirements to develop functional requirements, system designs & design specification documents.
- Develop solutions to system technical issues & systems process issues. Adhere to defined software development lifecycle processes, including policy compliance, documentation, solution design, configuration management, testing, & approvals.
- Collaborate with business, IT development staff & other stakeholders in problem definition, business case development, solution selection, requirements elaboration, design, development, testing, & deployment.
- Liaise with internal business & IT groups in performing product support activities & analyzing enhancement requests.
- Analyze business requirements in order to design & implement business rules changes on the rules engine application.
- Clearly explain a relevant technical solution to business partners or staff, including how it is deployed, how it is used by the company, where it fits in the overall IT architecture & systems strategy.
- Build & maintain effective relationships across functional areas in order to provide superior product support.
- Cultivate & suggest ideas for the extension of current systems to new products & services.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards, processes & systems.
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets business & technical requirements
- Participate in design, code & test case review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards.
- Comfortable working with both technical & business staff, & flexible in working on a wide variety of tasks spanning the full application development lifecycle
- Work closely with project team members (other Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, Product Managers, etc.), & coordinate & interface with other groups (e.g. Network, QA, Operations, Engineering, etc.)
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- VisaNet domain experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation & leadership skills
- Experience analyzing & designing solutions for highly scalable, highly available complex systems, preferably in the payment systems or other financial services industry
- Strong verbal & written communication skills required
- Knowledge of application programming and/or programming languages preferred
- Willingness to learn from, & share your knowledge with other team members
- Must be able to write designs & specifications in both business language & technical terms & write documentation for all aspects of a project
- Ability to multi task & handle multiple competing priorities with some direction from management
- Must work well within a team in a fast-paced high performance organization
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the big picture enterprise-level view to the low level technical view
- Ability to represent technical & business issues & solutions to multiple levels internally & externally to support strategic organizational plans
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.