Hey! Were VaynerMedia APAC! A full-service agency built for the now. Day in & day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention & culture. Headquartered in New York, were also in 7 cities across the globe & now, were proudly throwing ourselves into the Australian market as part of the wider APAC team in Singapore.
We believe everyone's got brilliant ideas. But what sets a Creative apart from the rest? It's making a beeline for out-of-the-box, killer concepts with the ability to make stuff happen. We've got makers & creators - from illustrators to poets to musicians to 3D artists - who bring brands to life, creating & hijacking at the speed of culture. Youll help us put our heart & soul into our client's products. Solving business problems in unorthodox ways. Touching audiences with emotions. Mixing art & passion with logic & numbers. All to make magic happen.
Heres where you come in.
Who Are You?
Our Senior Copywriters are great writers who do more than just writing. As one, youll wear a few different hats, such as:
- Hat 1: Writer - You. Must. Love. Words (and have the ability to string them together).
- Hat 2: Thinker - You know the internet of things, youre curious about culture, you understand generations X, Y & Z & you keep these insights in your arsenal for incoming briefs.
- Hat 3: Creator - You are a maker. Your main focus is craft & creation, both at a high speed & volume.
- Hat 4: Collaborator - You enjoy collaborating with a (super cool, super fun, super energetic, super diverse) team. You are a leader of yourself & others.
The Task At Hand:
- Collaborate with creative, client services, strategy & media departments to develop a high variety of content that meets creative & strategic criteria (client briefs, feedback, client KPIs).
- Strong skill set in conceptualising, brainstorming, & collaborating to create the strongest ideas.
- Write & create impactful social & traditional media content that reflects brands voice & adheres to the brands style guidelines.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines.
- Gather learnings & insights from platforms, consumer feedback & culture to make concise, relevant recommendations.
- Present copy concepts rooted in strategic thinking to creative leaders.
- Collaborate with Senior Art Directors to successfully plan pre production through post production, including organising the shoot, directing content, etc.
- Be as much of a friendly mentor as a proficient doer when working within our dynamic brand team structure.
Experience / Knowledge Required
- 5 to 7 years of experience copywriting, developing, & creating for digital & social.
- Ability to proofread & self-edit copy to produce error-free content that adheres to brands style guidelines, especially for regulated industries such as Finance, Pharmaceutical, etc.
- Strong skill set in conceptualising, brainstorming, writing, & collaboration to create strategically focused campaigns.
- The ability to understand, absorb, & execute on constructive criticism.
- A strong aptitude for time management, organisation, & communication.
- Strong skill set for storytelling, a mastery of grammar & Aussie slang, & the ability to tailor your writing to tell that story on a variety of platforms for multiple brands.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various teams, providing the most useful guidance in an enthusiastic & inspiring manner.
- A strong capability of industry best practices & the platforms we love, as well as being willing to learn & articulate the unique VaynerMedia POV on each thrives in a company of good people.
- Additional languages or experience in Southeast Asian countries are a bonus but definitely not essential.
- Must have a life outside of work.
- Highly creative, weird-thinking, & witty.
- You must be already writing a better job description than this one.