Checkrs mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 & valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process & make hiring safer, more efficient, & more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, & Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best & brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, & give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers & is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an Information Security Partner to help develop, design, & execute our devops, infrastructure, & information security program & priorities. This role & the team will collaborate & coordinate with our product, data, platform, & infrastructure (production & corporate) engineering teams & work closely with our DevOps, reliability engineers, security, & other engineers. You will contribute to protecting Checkr & the people who trust us with their information & safety. This work directly impacts our mission in creating a fairer future - come help us change the world!
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Provide subject matter expertise on enterprise information security.
- Partner with various teams to improve security & bring standard methodologies to our infrastructure & services.
- Research, design & develop solutions meeting internal & external security requirements & standards.
- Design & deploy security tooling to address information security risks.
- Drive detection, response, investigation, & remediation of security vulnerabilities.
- Consult & advise on security architecture, authentication, configurations, policies, & processes.
What we value in an information security partner:
- Ability to develop & deliver effective information security training to the Checkr community.
- Expertise in the hardening & securing of endpoints, mobile devices, & other network nodes.
- In-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, network security, authentication, security protocols, & vulnerability management.
- Hands-on expertise in cloud architectures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, distributed systems) & approaches to address their unique management & security considerations.
- Work effectively with compliance, privacy, & legal partners.
- We will consider all applications based on their individual merits, but as a guide, we would recommend 6+ years of related experience with a bachelors degree; 4+ years with a masters, or 2+ years with a PhD.
- Experience implementing data loss prevention systems.
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture & security.
- Contributions to the security community (open-source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
- Deep understanding of applying defensive infrastructure automation, advanced threat detection, & attack prevention.
- Worked in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you get:
- A fast-paced & collaborative environment
- Learning & development allowance
- Competitive compensation & opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented & qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, & leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering & celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, & cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkrs commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Franciscos Fair Chance Ordinance.