CLEARs mission is to strengthen security & create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics your eyes, face, & fingerprints we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums & venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a persons digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk & restore peace of mind.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses & our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
The Hardware Engineer role owns the mechanical & electrical design of all CLEAR physical products. This position is responsible for designing, prototyping, & scaling fabrication for CLEAR consumer hardware to collect biometrics, in close partnership with our Physical Products team.
What You Will Do:
- CAD modeling, DFM, & drawing creation in SolidWorks
- Create technical instructions for assembly
- Support manufacturing needs including design modifications & process changes
- Research of materials & components for compliance & cost effectivity
- Provide hands-on mechanical design/prototyping on hardware projects
- Electrical design skillset a plus
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience
- Consumer products experience - completed at least two product life cycles
- Cross-functional experience in hardware, software, reliability & manufacturing
- Understanding of hardware systems, including materials, sensors, displays, audio & power management, firmware
- Experience working with development & manufacturing partners in Asia (TAA compliance a plus)
- Experience with technical document writing
- Experience with document & revision control
- Passion for the intersection of hardware & software to create frictionless user experiences
- Demonstrated track record building stakeholder relationships through outstanding communications & collaboration skills
- Bias towards action & shipping vs making things perfect
- Growth mindset: self-aware of strengths & areas to develop