What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Team & Role
- Building the infrastructure for a global crypto-prime brokerage
- Conducting business analysis of existing processes
- Process engineering to improve existing operational workflows & design new ones
- Drafting functional requirements for vital operational infrastructure
- Participating on Agile scrum teams as a product owner or SME
- Collaborating across the organization to create new products
- Be ready to do what is necessary to support a rapidly growing crypto firm
- 4 year degree in a technical field (comp sci, engineering, finance, etc), but an MS or MBA preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in financial services
- Experience with an investment bank, an online broker-dealer, and/or a prime-brokerage
- Experience as a product manager in a financial services firm
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Experience with Jira & Confluence
- Experience with VBA, SQL, or similar high-level programming tools
- A proven track record of taking financial service-focused projects from inception, endorsement, design, development, testing, & launch
- Able to work flexibly & independently
- Able to collaborate across the organization
- Possess an inquisitive mind that can focus on the details but also encompass the big picture
- Enthusiastic about crypto-currencies & the blockchain ecosystem
Experience with one or more of the following:
- Margin & Collateral Management
- Back-office clearance & settlement
- Cash & Treasury Operations
- Trading support
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission & values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other & enjoy the work we do - so should you!