Bonobos is looking for a Construction Project Manager to help support our rapidly expanding new store opening plan.
As the Construction Project Manager, you will oversee the entire build out process for all new store openings from pre-construction to the hand-off to the Store Operations & Field teams. You will be part of the Store Development team that is opening the most innovative retail stores in the world at a company with an exceptionally strong culture that values self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy.
Reporting to ourSenior Construction Project Manager, you will have full ownership of store build out budgets, project schedules, vendor & consultant relationships, & you will have the opportunity to think outside the box when problem solving & identifying new & more efficient ways to continue to build our Guideshop locations. Bottom line? You will be our on-site eyes & ears, ensuring progress, quality, & providing guidance to all contractors & in-house stakeholders.
What you'll do...
- Have ownership of the construction & FF&E budgets including preliminary cost estimates, budget forecasting, & cost management ensuring that the store expansion program is executed within all budget targets
- Partner with the Store Design team to review the design & documentation to ensure it is in line with budget estimates & advise on any constructability issues that may impact schedule
- Manage the GC bidding & appointment process, including qualifying & leveling of bids, as well as the award & contract execution
- Oversee the procurement process for all vendors & suppliers by working with the Project Coordinator to ensure on time & on budget appointment of all required vendors & suppliers
- Negotiate & track all change orders in order to minimize the impact they have on the project budget
- Drive all project schedules & manage contractors, vendors & consultants to meet all critical milestones in order to open all stores in accordance with the master schedule
- Continue to grow our network of capable suppliers & contractors
- Lead all weekly construction progress & procurement meetings in order to deliver punch list free stores to the Field Operations teams on time & under budget
- Partner with Operations, Visual Merchandisers & Field teams throughout the store turnover process in order to complete cohesive & efficient store openings
- Execute all project closeouts with a sense of urgency including punch lists & project specific closeout documents as required by landlords
- Assist with the collection of the required documentation in order to allow for speedy collection of Tenant Improvement Allowances
- Have 3-5 years of experience working in the construction management field preferably with a focus on retail
- Can effectively communicate (verbal & written)with internal teams & external partners
- Are an effective project manager with a strong work ethic who will quickly earn the trustof internal & external partners
- Are detailed in your work, while maintaining the ability to see the overall picture & challenge the traditional path
- Work collaboratively with team members to achieve team initiatives
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems
- Have the willingness to travel to the exciting markets where we are opening new stores (30-40% travel)
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation & benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun & awesome co-workers
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you