Technical Program Manager
At Squarespace, we all share a mission to empower people with creative ideas to succeed. As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), that means efficiently & seamlessly delivering the right products to our customers. A successful TPM enables teams to ship impactful work with as little friction as possible by systematically troubleshooting challenges & optimizing processes every step of the way.
The Internal Engineering team is looking for a TPM (Individual Contributor) to partner with our engineers to plan & deliver technical projects that enable our Marketing team to reach their goalstoday & as we scale. The work you ship will directly support the Marketing teams commitment to making Squarespace a global brand by promoting our products, spearheading creative campaigns, & providing a platform for our customers to tell their Squarespace stories.
You will partner with Engineering Leadership & the Marketing team to build & deliver on a technical roadmap. Projects include third-party platform integration (e.g. Sailthru, Impact) & designing a single repository of all customer transactions & activities across our marketing channels. You will also partner with Engineering Leadership & stakeholders to identify opportunities for process & product optimizations. You will be the point of contact for project communication regarding status, schedule, & scope updates, as well as track risks, dependencies, & blockers.
Throughout your work, you will identify & coach Engineering & Marketing stakeholders on process improvements for technical project planning & delivery. You will also partner with other TPMs to provide everyone at Squarespace with a set of tools & workflows to manage technical projects more efficiently & seamlessly.
This role is located in New York & reports to the Internal Engineering TPM Team Lead in New York.
- Understand the strategic vision for both Squarespace & Marketing & use this information to create a technical roadmap & corresponding project scopes
- Understand relevant Engineering systems & architecture & use this information to draft technical requirements for your projects in collaboration with your Engineering partners
- Work closely with Engineering Team Leads to ensure our engineers deliver products & features that meet these stakeholder & technical requirements
- Demonstrate a passion for understanding, analyzing, & meeting the needs of your customer (Marketing) & serve as their voice to the engineers
- Lead delivery of cross-functional projects throughout all lifecycle phases (initiation, scoping, execution, release), change & risk management, & ongoing product maintenance
- Ensure that clear, accurate, & relevant information about major initiatives is available to the relevant stakeholders on-demand
- Establish excellent working relationships with all partners to ensure blockers & dependencies can be quickly identified & resolved
- Drive constant process improvements across Internal Engineering & Marketing teams with a focus on increasing organization, transparency, & efficiency
- Proven track record of delivering cross-functional projects
- Firm understanding of technical architecture at previous companies
- Expertise in project management tools, such as Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence), & G Suite
- Ability to efficiently & effectively troubleshoot ambiguous challenges
- Commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion, collaboration, & trust
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at & attend the most relevant & impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.