ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add to its dynamic & rapidly expanding legal team a Vice President, Legal & Regulatory Affairs with 10-15+ years of legal & regulatory experience to manage FanDuels engagement & compliance with state regulators as well as our engagement with local & federal law enforcement.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
This position will join a fantastic team of talented legal & regulatory professionals striving to maintain & continually enhance FanDuels position as the most trusted operator in this industry in the eyes of our regulators. Reporting to FanDuels Chief Legal & Compliance Officer, & a key member of the legal leadership team, this will be the strategic leader of a sophisticated team of lawyers, security professionals & compliance experts in one of the most challenging & exciting areas of the company. Specifically, this position is responsible for the following key area:
- Regulatory Engagement, Investigations, Enforcement, Relationship Management: covers all state regulators for all products in all jurisdictions handling both proactive engagement as well as reactive prudential & enforcement engagement.
- Executive Regulatory Reporting: responsible for design & delivery of quarterly Executive Regulatory Update as well as for keeping the Executive Leadership Team & Flutter Leadership informed on key regulatory issues through the Risk & Compliance Committee & other mechanisms.
- Regulation Management: responsible for building & maintaining a best-in-class framework & methodology for maintaining compliance with each states regulatory obligations with all FanDuel products. Includes understanding tech, tools, change management.
- Regulatory Compliance Monitoring: manages monitoring & testing of FanDuels internal controls & regulatorily required processes & procedures to aid business with maintaining effective compliance.
- Regulatory Reporting: responsible for all interaction with state regulators including delivery of all Incident Reports & related follow-up, regulatory requests for standard as well as ad hoc regulatory reports (fraud, promotions, financial, tax etc.)
- Regulatory Audits: responsible for managing all regulatory audits.
- Regulatory Training & Communication: responsible for design & delivery of all state regulatory training & communication for employees around working in a highly regulated environment, including rapid design & delivery of lessons learned training.
- Regulatory Metrics & Reporting: responsible for maintaining effective & accurate metrics to enable effective operational & strategic reporting for internal stakeholders & external third parties, including regulators.
- Regulatory Policies & Procedures: partners with Risk team to design, draft & maintain required policies, procedures, processes & reporting necessary for FanDuel to maintain compliance with each states regulatory regimes.
- Market Access Partner Engagement: partners with the business team that manages market access relationships in all areas where there is overlap between regulators & MAPs.
- Internal Stakeholder Engagement: responsible for engaging regularly with the right internal stakeholders to bring transparency & encourage effective problem solving relating to all regulatory issues. Engages in close partnership with the technical regulatory advisory team, the lobbying team, the regulatory licensing team, the federal regulatory compliance team, the litigation team, the employment law team, the marketing team, the customer operations team & the risk team (among others) to enable a seamless & effective approach to our regulators.
- Manage VP of Corporate Security & team
- Oversee security incident management including law enforcement engagement
- Provide oversight on internal security-related communications, reporting & training
- Provide oversight on relationship with parent company relating to corporate security
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- This hire must have superior stakeholder/regulatory engagement proven experience, top notch legal analytical, strategic, communication, interpersonal & writing skills are of paramount importance, as is a strong work ethic, commitment to being both an exceptional manager as well as a team player who rolls up her or his sleeves, & an aptitude to learn quickly the nuances of an extremely complex & ever-growing company, industry, & regulatory landscape.
- Once hired, the VP Counsel for Regulatory will be required to obtain state gaming licenses from various jurisdictions in order to represent FanDuel before regulators & view sensitive customer personal information
- JD from a top-tier law school & member of at least one state bar.
- 10-15+ years of total legal experience, preferably to include working as a federal regulator or prosecutor, at a nationally recognized law firm, & in-house counsel experience.
- In-house experience with a highly regulated company and/or a company engaged in rapid growth a strong plus
- A strong aptitude for policy, process, procedure, analytics & reporting.
- A passion for people management, team building & a desire to work hard in a fast-paced, rapidly scaling & highly complex environment.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.