We are currently seeking a Lead Mobile Developer to join our Engineering team based in NYC. In this role, you will be contributing to the strategy, development, & design of our mobile apps.
What youll do
- Write code to build on & maintain a suite of iOS apps for 1stdibs, mainly in Swift
- Contribute to design, UX & strategy decisions around our iOS apps
- Ensure the integrity & longevity of our code through peer code review & careful code design
- Focus on applications targeted towards consumers & designers, as well as dealers within the luxury goods industry
- Leverage shared services & contribute toward the creation of robust internal APIs
- Develop, prototype, & test new ideas, & remain at the forefront of mobile technology trends
What you'll bring
- Minimum 2 years of experience building native iOS applications
- Contributed to one or more functional, high-usage apps in the App Store
- Ability to architect & develop clean, reusable code in Swift
- Ability to understand, build on & maintain existing Objective-C code
- Ability to troubleshoot & explain performance bottlenecks
- Experience creating custom UI & animations on iOS
- Experience writing & debugging multi-threaded code
- Experience with source code management - preferably Git
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal,and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.