We created Harrys to be different from other shaving companies. Our founders, Jeff & Andy, created Harrys because they were tired of overpaying for over designed razors. Instead, they wanted simple, high-quality products that felt good to use, all at a fair price.
Harrys started in 2013 with high quality, cleanly designed, fairly priced shaving products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since launching online as a direct to consumer brand we have been blown away by the customers response. The brands success in the US led to an online UK launch in May 2017, followed by retail launches in the US, UK, EU & Canada to complement the direct to consumer offering.
Today were looking to bring amazing people, like you, aboard to join our growing company to continue disrupting markets!
About Retail within Harrys
The move into mass retail came as a result of some customer insight. We learned that there were a group of customers in the US who preferred to buy products in-store, & Harrys was missing out by not being in a major retailer. We worked hard to find the most aligned launch partner, & then how to disrupt the in-store shaving category. Mass retail launched at Target in 2016 followed by Walmart the following year & has since launched in all major retailers across the US & Canada.
Given our success in the US it was a case of when not if we go to mass retail in the UK.
We began this journey in April 2019 by partnering with the UKs No1 Health & Beauty retailer, Boots as our official launch partner. Having transformed Boots category performance we used this platform to further expand within Health & Beauty launching into Superdrug as well as into Grocery, launching with Sainsburys at the end of 2019. This has pathed the way for further Grocery expansion in 2021.
About the Team
The Retail Team is key to driving brand awareness & growth for Harrys as we expand our footprint outside of our online channel. The team is responsible for developing deep relationships with the best retail partners in the UK working cross functionally with internal & external partners across merchandising, marketing, operations & store execution to ensure we successfully deliver Harrys brand strategy within a Mass Retail setting. The team may be smaller than that of our competitors but our relationships will be enduring & far richer.
As Harrys continues to develop as a Mens Grooming brand, the Retail team will be the primary driver of thoughtful expansion during the next stage of Harry's UK journey.
About the Role
You will be responsible for developing Harrys retail plans for some of the biggest customers in UK Mass Retail. To deliver the strongest plans will require a collaborative working style that positively engage all of Harrys internal functions. As Harrys continues to build its awareness in the UK the retail presence must grow with it & deliver sustainable long term growth for our retail partners.
Working in this role will require a highly skilled influencer that is able to build fully integrated plans born from consumer insight that deliver category value & scale for Harrys. This role calls for an excellent communicator with a proactive work style, attention to detail, a focus on excellence in execution & most importantly of all someone who loves to get stuck in. Investing in strong relationships built on trust & performance will be a key focus for the successful candidate.
Here's what you'll be responsible for:
- Build deep, lasting retail partnerships centred on the delivery of shared short, medium & long term objectives. Developing & implementing Joint Business Plans (JBPs) that drive superior brand & category growth
- Build fantastic cross-functional working relationships that allow you to successfully navigate all areas of the Harry's business as well as your customers.
- Safeguard Harrys brand position identifying opportunities to enhance margin, drive brand awareness & consumer engagement & trial
- Agree listings for all Harrys brand extensions supporting their launch with engaging in-aisle & off-shelf displays
- Establishing a close working relationship with Distribution & Logistics teams to safeguard availability & facilitate the achievement of OTIF targets
- Provide quality analysis & input to the Harrys demand planning & supply chain teams to ensure accurate stock management
- Delivering accurate sales forecasts with strong account governance, providing regular commercial updates to senior leadership in the UK & US
- Managing an investment plan to drive consumer awareness & engagement whilst maximising profitability
These might describe you:
- Thrives in a start-up environment, strong team player & is excited by the prospect of growing a challenger brand
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player that possess a drive for results.
- Great experience & a proven track record of delivering top & bottom-line results in a customer development capacity
- Strong knowledge of the UK trade & its current performance
- Operationally brilliant & driven to disrupt the norm from a retail merchandising standpoint
- A model of collaborative behaviour & execution in delivering great programming for the Harrys brand at retail
- Strong communication & presentation skills able to engage & influence within the customer & the Harrys teams
- Extremely organised, dependable & self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast-paced environment
- Curiosity Youre going to be asked to dive in with all parts of the Harrys UK team, so youll need an innate hunger to learn
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- You have experience working with the UKs biggest retailers preferably the top four multiple grocers
Who you will work with:
- You'll work broadly across the UK based Harrys teams, as well as cross functionally within the customers you manage.
- Distribution & Logistics teams for operational & fulfilment needs
- Design, Sourcing teams for in-store display
- Brand for Insights, product innovation & shopper marketing strategy
- Demand Planning for sales forecasting
- You'll report to the Senior Sales Manager in the UK
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.