Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games & media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The companys platform empowers mobile game developers & players with access to fun & fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the worlds 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies & CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups & Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017 Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, & professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, & a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, & Sacramento Kings.
About the role:
As a Technical Program Manager at Skillz, youll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. From large-scale consumer facing applications, to entirely new technologies & products, Skillzs Technical Program Managers support & power the platform that makes eSport to everyone possible.
What You'll Do:
- Manage software development programs, defining milestones, & success criteria, resource allocation & successful results.
- Develop processes to improve software engineering productivity.
- Manage cross functional dependencies, risks, & changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, & resources accordingly.
- Partner with cross functional teams to drive technical analysis, design, development, testing, & implementation phases.
- Define & track key performance indicators (KPIs), & drive cross functional execution of program deliverables.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience in Program Management on technical cross-functional projects.
- Experience managing end-to-end execution of complex programs through the software development lifecycle.
- Proven success leading projects in a fast-paced, growing-organization environment.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, & leadership.