Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a Sr. Accountant. This role will be responsible for various accounting close related responsibilities, including journal entries, trends & analytics, & will report to the Accounting Manager.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do:
- Execute financial statement analysis & reconciliations, & document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to help management with business decisions
- Oversee other accounting staff to ensure quality & timeliness of deliverables & entries, including providing improvements on the month end accounting close calendar
- Ensure accounting & monthly journal entries for assets including accounts receivable, prepaids, intangible assets, cash, along with operating expenses, accruals & others
- Assist in accounting for leases (lease schedules, rent expense/deferred rent, ASC 842 implementation), prepaid rent, accrued rent, & related furniture & fixtures, leasehold improvements, construction in progress
- Assist in annual financial audits, including preparing audit schedules & responding to internal & external audit inquiries
- Maintain & review payables & cost allocations & related agings
- Other ad hoc assignments as required
- Assist in accounting research & analysis to construct memorandums & provide conclusions on technical accounting matters
- Work cross functionally with FP&A, Legal, AP, Payroll, Tax & various business owners on policies, processes, & help drive key system initiatives & improvements
Our dream candidate:
- BA/BS in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
- 4-7years of experience in a similar environment
- A mix of public & private experience
- Willingness to extend themselves & assist other people
- Understanding of SOX & financial controls
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Good planning & organizational skills to balance & prioritize work
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Exposure to large ERP system (JD Edwards a plus)
- Experience across public private accounting is preferred
- CPA preferred but not required
The syrup on your waffles:
Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)
Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, no cost well-being apps like Headspace & Aaptiv
Unlimited vacation policy.
Gifted product when you join & product discounts for friends & family!