Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy & confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, & offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, & invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, & results-driven.
You will be joining an agile organization & will be an integral member in growing the wholesale business. As the Manager of Trade Marketing, you will be a key partner both cross functionally & with our wholesale partners to execute the channel marketing strategy. You will have the opportunity to collaborate on building the wholesale strategy to ensure we are achieving the Companys goals.
6 Month Expectations
Marketing Planning & Coordination
- Responsible for managing the retailer product setup forms & submitting all documents by retailer deadlines.
- Manage all retailer creative needs including retailer dotcom, merchandising, collateral, event materials, comps, education etc, from brief to final deliver
- Manage retailer sampling & GWP forecasting, planning, execution, & budgeting.
- Maintain retailer marketing calendars for all exclusives, promotions, sampling programs, events, etc. to share with broader organization
- Maintain retailer side by sides & ensure they are accurately updated with all promotional & marketing activity
- Serve as primary point person & lead internal Cross-Channel meeting to foster communication & ensure seamless execution of marketing programs across all channel
Retailer Meetings, Retailer Calendar, Retailer Relationships
- Serve as primary point person for retailer market week meetings & ongoing updates with all accounts
- Work with internal team on meeting agenda & flow
- Prepare decks for all meetings with adequate advanced timing, ensuring that all input from key stakeholders is incorporated
- Present tailored talking points for each account
- Issue detailed & timely meeting recaps & manage follow-up
- Develop & maintain retailer-specific calendars to manage & track launch dates & programs
- Manage account relationships, field retailer requests, & provide program updates
- As needed, travel for retailer meetings, event, conferences
- Work closely with VP of Wholesale on retailer coop & sampling budgets
- Submit all invoices in timely manner to A/P
- Track/manage all incoming costs & keep budgets updated at all times
- Identify & elevate budget irregularities & overages to senior team
12+ Month Expectations
Marketing Planning & Coordination
- Develop seasonal & long-term retailer-specific strategies, plan & execute successful product launches & exclusive programs
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop & launch retailer-specific products, including exclusive kits & discovery sets
- Partner with the product marketing team to develop new, innovative sampling formats to encourage consumer trial. Manage excess sample inventory & track new sample production to ensure it meets programming timing.
- Coordinate with global marketing on the development & timing of all brand marketing campaigns, ensuring all retailer needs & due dates are met
- Work closely with PR/Social team to develop plans to provide digital support to retail partners
- As applicable, manage planning & execution for all retailer-based brand fairs
Industry Knowledge & Reporting
- Follow & report competitive initiatives in field (interesting events, training concepts, merchandising)
- Leverage market insights, articulate business success metrics, & execute initiatives on time & within budget
- 5+ years marketing related experience
- Experience working with Sephora
- Self-starter, solution-minded, highly organized, detail-oriented with exceptional organizational & follow-up skills
- Ability to efficiently manage & prioritize multiple projects & dual reporting structure
- Strong attention to detail & follow-through is a must
- Must have ability to think strategically, conceptualize new ideas, initiate change & react to fast-paced environment
- Requires strong oral & written communication skills, as well as interpersonal capabilities with external partners & internal functional groups
- High degree of proficiency in working with numbers, quantitative analysis & budget management
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.