Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies & APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing & other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers shopping journey.
Bread has enormous & engaging technical challenges. We need to verify online identity, predict fraud, & approve & price credit while providing a beautiful & frictionless consumer experience, all in real time. Our engineering team is seasoned, talented, agile, & quickly growing. We are looking to hire an Engineering Manager to join the current engineering team in continuing to build out our core platform, product, & teams.
Your role at Bread:
- Be responsible for leading design & implementation of new features & iterations of our internal platform tools.
- Be tool oriented - youll write tools & introduce approaches that we didn't know we needed but that after a month we won't know how we lived without them
- Build distributed systems that scale as we rapidly grow
- Enable Bread to process billions of dollars of financial instruments per year
What we are looking for:
- Expertise building scalable, reliable distributed systems at a senior level
- Expert knowledge of Go.
- Expertise with Kubernetes (architecture & internals)
- Experience with public web APIs
- A passion for engineering & technology
- Experience with PostgreSQL/Rabbit/Kafka/Redis/gRPC
- Experience developing systems intended for cloud deployments (AWS, k8s, docker)
- Experience on agile teams
- Experience with kubernetes development workflows (Telepresence & Skaffold)
- Knowledge of CI/CD (Codefresh)