Passionate about cyber security, everything from the latest trends in identity tech & corporate security to the implications for financial services giants to tracking venture capital-backed players like Cloudflare, Tanium, & Auth0?
Interested in a unique opportunity to produce the most digestible & most actionable insights into the technologies, business models, competitors & market trends of tomorrow? Are you able to help a team package insights write & develop digestible, visually engaging, & understandable research for our clients across industries & sectors?
If yes, keep reading. For the right candidate, this a leadership role as a subject-matter expert within the Intelligence Unit.
- Work collaboratively with a team of smart & hungry analysts, editors & research managers to develop the most actionable & digestible insights on cyber security trends
- You must be the point person for a forward looking cyber security research pipeline & making sure it aligns with top client needs. The Lead Analyst must operate comfortably across Enterprise IT topics & collaborate effectively with analysts in overlapping categories as well as colleagues focused on healthcare, financial services, etc.
- Communicate your research agenda effectively across CB Insights including the business development & customer success teams, to elevate their understanding of the cyber security category & client needs
- Publish digestible, differentiated, & incisive briefs & reports in the form of syndicated research on our client-only platform, & occasionally for our public research portal
- Manage a substantial pipeline of custom client demands & shape deliverables that integrate tightly with our software & data, & give client & prospect client presentations to discuss market trends in your category
- Once ramped, the right candidate will be expected to supervise the research of one or two junior analysts & direct their research queues on a day to day basis. With the support of a research director, the Lead Analyst will be expected to effectively delegate, provide detailed feedback on, & supervise research falling into their areas of expertise.
- Support PR/media requests from top tier media outlets including The New York Times, Financial Times, & Wall Street Journal, with data & category knowledge & present confidently in CB Insights & external events
- Support Intelligence Unit leadership in developing, testing, & pioneering new research products, methodologies & franchises
- Must be deeply passionate about a research career as well as technology & related disciplines including venture capital, corporate strategy/finance, & M&A
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Writing & presentation experience a must can be within the fields of market research, equity research, investment banking, consulting, journalism, or related areas
- Prefer 8+ years experience in cybersecurity or security/defense industry experience or research/analysis on the same. Must be able to demonstrate cybersecurity domain knowledge.
- Some management experience a plus
- Comfort in private & public markets including public company financial metrics/ratios
- Ability to synthesize data & develop meaningful conclusions & predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills & leadership abilities, i.e. you should feel comfortable speaking to clients/prospects as an authority on the business & the category, even in unstructured settings.
- Ability to multitask, get hands dirty, & handle the details all while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel & Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
- Solutions-oriented & ownership mindsets required
- 4Hs: happy, helpful, humble & hungry
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks & Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, & Hungry:Check out more about our company culturehere.
EqualOpportunityEmployer:CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submithereand you'll be eligible for $5,000!