SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TECHNICAL RECRUITER, STARBASE
As a SpaceX recruiter, you will run a full desk with a variety of duties & responsibilities focused on the sourcing, screening, interviewing, & onboarding of top talent candidates to fill mission critical positions (pun intended). In many cases, you are candidates first encounter with SpaceX & it is your job to represent the company with professionalism, pride, & enthusiasm. We work in teams & focus on collaboration yet require a high degree of autonomy. So, while you are not expected to simply go it alone, you are expected to show initiative, take responsibility, & run with tasks to completion.
Your day-to-day routine will change often as hiring priorities shift, but there is a basic set of activities you can expect to run with daily, including, but not limited to:
- Meet with your client groups to discuss headcount, new requisitions, hiring strategy, and/or interview feedback you truly act as a partner to your clients & not merely as an order taker
- Screen candidates who apply to requisitions as the SpaceX name brand grows, our job postings continue to fill up with stellar candidates
- Source candidates often the best candidates are the ones not actively looking
- Discuss candidates you have screened with your client groups & recommend top candidates for interviews
- Give tours to candidates before their onsite
- Attend interviews alongside your client groups to act as another set of eyes & ears in evaluating candidates
- Once candidates are approved for hire, you will begin the offer process including initiating background checks, negotiating offer packages & extending offer letters
Some days you will have multiple candidates coming onsite for interviews & you will spend that time giving tours & coordinating the candidate experience. Other days, you will need to fill your candidate pipeline & will spend the majority of the day screening/sourcing candidates. No day is the same here & the pace moves fast, but ultimately your job is to effectively attract, organize, & manage the flow of the countrys most talented individuals.
- Bachelors degree & 1+ years of recruiting experience; or associate degree & 2+ years of experience; or 3+ years of professional experience as a recruiter in lieu of a degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with in-house recruiting
- Experience recruiting electrical, mechanical & aerospace engineers
- Experience with high volume recruiting
- Experience recruiting technicians & welders
- Strong tenure with demonstrated success in recruiting roles
- Ability to distinguish between the top 50% & the top 5% of talent within their respective fields
- Demonstrated expertise in non-standard recruiting methods: cold calling candidates & companies, organizing & executing ad hoc networking events, identifying industry experts & finding unique methods to engage with them, creating unique targeted sourcing campaigns, etc.
- Comfortable interfacing directly with hiring managers including director & VP level technical leaders
- Ability to build strong relationships with both hiring managers & candidates
- Ability to accurately present but not oversell candidates to client groups; influence decisions by acting as the subject matter expert on talent but avoid dictating client decisions
- Ability to multi-task & operate with little direction while still being an active team member
- Available to work extended hours & weekends as needed
- This position is based in Starbase, TX (Brownsville) & requires being onsite remote work not considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Technical Recruiter/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Technical Recruiter/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level & base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis & may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge & skills, education, & experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses & the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, & dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, & various other discounts & perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.