The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room & flexible work hours!
The DevOps team is seeking senior members to tackle an ambitious project pipeline including solutions for disaster recovery, dynamic development environments, & more. Bring your thorough, practiced understanding of DevOps & Cloud Infrastructure to this team where you will be expected to make an impact. As a new member of this growing team, help shape The RealReal's production infrastructure & Engineering culture.
This full time, permanent position is based in San Francisco, CA or The RealReal Midtown in Manhattan / New York City, & will report to the Director of Technical Operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain & evolve our production infrastructure, strategically employing automation, & infrastructure-as-code
- Build & maintain our code pipelines, designing & building automation in order to enable agile software development, using self-service where possible
- Collaborate efficiently & effectively with Engineers & Product teams on complex problems
- Build & contribute to infrastructure services, keeping with 12 Factor methodology
- Quickly absorb context & tribal knowledge while ramping up & using that to build or bolster documentation
- Keep a strong level of quality & velocity in your work, while collaborating & reporting when appropriate
- Exercise & promote security best practices throughout your workflow
- Participate in an on-call rotation on a regular basis & respond to incidents reliably & professionally
- 5+ years DevOps or Systems Administration experience
- 3+ years experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP)
- 2+ years Automation experience using popular languages (bash, python, etc)
- 2+ yrs professional experience with UNIX-based Operating Systems.
- Experience building Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment workflows
- Experience tuning & troubleshooting performance for high traffic web services
- Proficient with crafting concise & professional communications during emergency production infrastructure incidents
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Strong understanding of common network protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, SSL/TLS, & relevant diagnostic tools
- Understanding of database fundamentals & experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of git & Github workflows
- Understanding of packaging, deployment, & support of containerized (Docker) applications
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience deploying microservices environments
- Experience converting applications to run in Docker containers, & with orchestration layers
- Experience using terraform with multiple providers and/or integrated with a build/release system
- Experience in software development
- Computer Science or Engineering degree