Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Direct the planning & drive the execution & release of solutions to technical challenges that focus on improving the customer e-commerce experience.
- Work closely with Tech Ops & Product on a wide range of technologies, APIs & tools to lead & own the technical architecture of full-stack projects with major company impact.
- Dream up creative solutions & identify opportunities to provide value to the company & delight our customers.
- Grow & mentor other engineers on best practices for both frontend & backend engineering.
Our dream candidate has...
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience.
- Knowledgeable about NodeJS to be able to build & maintain systems to support our front-end & back-end applications & infrastructure.
- Comfortable developing modern ES6 code using React/Redux code base built with Styled Components, Webpack, & Next.js (or comparable frameworks)
- Capable of building thoughtful & fault tolerant applications reliant upon APIs.
- Well-versed in modern cloud platforms like AWS, & "infrastructure as code" approaches
- A clear communicator that can reduce ambiguity & promote transparency with team members & co-workers
- Proactive. You can independently seek out answers & own project responsibilities
- Experience working with headless e-commerce APIs and/or Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a big bonus!!!
- This is a remote role open to anyone based within the United States.
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Pursuant to the Companys COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must show documented proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, subject to applicable state & local laws & legally required exemptions, including a medical condition, disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to the vaccination requirement in accordance with applicable law.