Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Staff Software Test Engineer is part of the Clearing & Settlement Test Engineering team based in Bangalore, India. We are in need of a highly motivated & skilled Staff Software Test Engineer that is passionate on using modern software engineering & testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Clearing & Settlement (CAS) system, one of Visa's largest revenue generating platform & work with other peer test engineering organizations to insure seamless code releases.
- Design & develop test plans & functional test cases from business requirements & conceptual documents
- Participate in test design/plan review sessions with peers & other stakeholders
- Setup, configure, & maintain test environments
- Provide estimates on scope & scale of effort required to test changes
- Ensure delivery of a high quality product meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe
- Execute test cases, analyze & report test results to project team
- Collaborate with development team to analyze, debug & resolve design & code issues
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required
- 8+ years software development & test experience
- Experience in SDLC methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Iterative/Incremental)
- 1 - 2 years' comprehensive experience inMainframe, TSO, MVS JCL, ISPF, File Aid, COBOL, SQL, DB2.
- Experience with automation tools, tool development using ISPF, CLIST & REXX.
- Strong oral & written communications skills
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.