What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Product Compliance Analyst to join our growing team!
About Your Team
The Product Compliance Team manages BlockFis licensing & regulatory requirements as well as marketing requirements. This role will work under the licensing & registration segment, which manages the licensing & regulatory reports, licensing applications, examination requirements as well as assisting in answering legal requests
We are seeking a knowledgeable & proactive Compliance Analyst to join the BlockFi Product Compliance team. In this role, you will liaise directly with BlockFis Legal team as well as assist in growing the product compliance program. You will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firms products & the rules & regulations under which BlockFi operates. An interest in learning new products, technology, compliance standards & regulations will drive your success in this role.
- Coordinating with internal & external stakeholders to ensure BlockFis compliance with state, federal, & third country regulations
- Conducting statutory research of state & federal regulatory requirements to stay informed of state-by-state regulatory requirements in the lending, cryptocurrency, & money transmission spaces
- Assisting in the filing of regulatory reports & the filing of lending & money transmission applications
- Maintaining our compliance obligation tracking system & calendar
- Conducting administrative tasks as well as editing of documentation, policies & procedures, & reports
- Staying Assisting with other compliance initiatives related to monitoring, regulatory reporting & examinations
- Assisting with creating new processes or process improvements as needed
- Compiling & tracking compliance metrics to be presented to senior management
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to complete time-sensitive projects
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Excellent written & editing skills
- Ability to adapt to new changes & new challenges
- Ability to prioritize workflows & ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work independently & within a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to spot issues & problem solve
- Excellent written/verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated & eager to learn
- Bonus Points: Advanced analytical abilities
- Bonus Points: Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days or Flexible PTO & sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand