Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Integrated Marketing team provides strategic guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, & recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions. We partner with the entire marketing organization & cross-functionally, helping to drive performance & meet organizational goals & objectives. Mailchimp is looking for a Paid Social Performance marketer to help guide & scale our paid social programs.
The Marketing Associate- Paid Social will primarily be responsible for planning, execution, & optimization of all Mailchimp media campaigns within the Paid Social environment. The marketing associate will also play a role in optimization & planning within programmatic display. This role will also play an integral role in the day to day partnership with our Media agency & third-party partners. A successful candidate will have a passion for social media, & experience managing campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn & Pinterest. They will also bring an analytical, creative, & flexible mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering success, achieving revenue growth & cultivating the experience within the paid environment.
What you'll do here:
- Paid Social Media Program Ownership : Under the guidance of the Manager, Paid Social collaborate with key marketing stakeholders to execute Mailchimp's paid social campaigns to achieve subscriber acquisition goals & initiatives.
- Paid Social Media Optimization & Reporting: Ensure social media KPIs are documented, accurate, tracked & that campaigns are optimized against them. Forecast performance & understand the relationships between key social media metrics & be able to tell a story with the numbers.
- Paid Media Advertising Expertise: Measure efficacy of paid media campaigns across all major publishers with focus on social. Conduct extensive audience, placement & platform research to help inform Paid Social strategies. Recommend & evaluate targeting & outline detailed segmentation strategies throughout the customer journey.
- Media Agency & Vendor Management: Be confident in working with outside media agencies, vendors & platform reps & hold them accountable to key targets. Help to manage media spend & optimize campaigns to ensure we hit agreed-upon KPIs for our campaigns.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Partner with the organic Social Media, campaign management & media planning teams to ensure the Paid Social strategy aligns across channels with initiative goals, objectives & customer journey. Develop a comprehensive paid social calendar that complements organic social strategy & includes creative testing & messaging roadmaps.
- Optimization & Reporting: Constantly look for ways to improve current processes & introduce new approaches that will have a positive contribution to Mailchimp's success. Develop reporting, insights & analysis of Paid Social performance & present to internal stakeholders. Evaluate performance against goals & objectives.
- Programmatic Expertise: Understanding of the programmatic display ecosystem & ability to plan, measure, & optimize across major publishers as needed.
- Brand & Product Stewardship: Understand the MailChimp brand & the value to our end-users, infusing that into all programs. Keep up to date on our Product to understand business priorities & consumer challenges.
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have media experience (3+ years) managing paid media campaigns with an emphasis on paid social
- Experience in managing media budgets of $10 million+
- You have a strong understanding of paid advertising programs & strategies.
- Proficient use of managing ads in Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, & Pinterest Familiarity with cross channel paid media ecosystem including display, programmatic, & search
- Solid understanding of the small business marketplace
- Understanding of the marketing ecosystem in driving performance & improving the customer experience
- Thorough understanding of media attribution & campaign automation.
- Demonstrated experience managing & bringing to market marketing campaigns
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task & maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, service oriented & ever-changing environment
- Ability to seamlessly collaborate with other functional areas & teams within the department & organization
- Outrageously creative & strong organization, problem-solving, presentation, & interpersonal skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.