Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Project Manager, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
This position will lead projects in Network Processing (NP) in the U.K. based team. Ensuring the delivery of regional & global solutions, as driven by the business. The position works with technical staff, business partners & senior management across organisational boundaries to obtain resources, schedule work activities & coordinate all areas to successfully complete project deliverables. Senior Project Managers provide leadership & direction to cross-functional teams to deliver NP solutions for complex, large-scale projects & are accountable for tasks covering the entire project & development life cycle. Responsibilities & qualifications are, as follows:
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Builds high performing teams, inspires team members, & demonstrates leadership skills
- Collaborates with business sponsors & technology subject matter experts to define scope & delivery strategy for solutions
- Leads technical teams to assess requirements, create estimates, develop budgets, & produce Technology Project Charters & other documentation needed for funding approvals
- Perform project planning & scheduling, manage tasks & coordinate project resources to meet objectives & timelines
- Provide leadership to large, global, cross-functional teams to deliver solutions involving multiple teams & applications
- Mentors/coaches project managers to elevate their performance
- Anticipates change & identifies ways to overcome challenges & constraints to keep project activities on schedule to meet or exceed business partner expectations
- Takes initiative to exhaust all avenues to resolve issues/problems before involving management escalation
- Works with minimal direction; able to resolve most issues independently
- Provides clear, concise communications to project stakeholders; Summarizes relevant facts for senior management & delivers with executive demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to manage through influence
- Executes through ambiguity & guides path to clarity
- Set clear expectations with business partners to provide transparency into project initiation activities, & manage day-to-day interaction during project execution & delivery
- Proactively identify, manage & mitigate project risks & find ways to accomplish project goals in the context of dynamic business/technical environments
- Provide high quality customer service & communicate project status (timelines, progress, & challenges) to Technology & business stakeholders regularly
- Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including enterprise architects & strategists, technical subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, & Visa senior management
- Manage project budgets effectively by ensuring forecasts & actual charges are in line with approved bids & project expenses are effectively controlled
- Ensure that all projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology & Key Controls
- Support PMO management with annual planning, program funding approvals, & program & project reporting functions.
- As a global organisation, there may be need to take attend calls/meetings after/before office hours during the week.
What we're after
- Educated to degree level/equivalent professional experience
- Significant project management experience
- Holds relevant project management qualifications (e.g. Prince II, Agile, PMP)
- Experience & knowledge of a range of different projects & programmes
- Excellent people management & leadership skills
- Excellent communications, interpersonal & influencing skills
- Proven stakeholder management expertise
- Scrum Master/SAFeexperience & qualification desirable
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.