At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a paralegal to join its Regulatory Compliance Team, which is responsible for understanding, synthesizing, communicating, & fulfilling Lyfts regulatory obligations across the U.S. & Canada. As a paralegal, you will work closely with team members across the company to complete & submit license applications & keep Lyfts licensing processes running smoothly & efficiently. You should be a self-starter but able to take direction easily & with a good attitude.
- Prepare & manage files & documents, including initial & renewal license applications, to ensure that Lyfts compliance requirements are met
- Ensure that all of Lyfts licenses & permits remain valid & up to date
- Oversee maintenance of compliance records & data
- Liaise with other teams within the company & external parties regarding licensing matters
- Assist team members with issues, questions & research related to licensing & other compliance issues
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years relevant paralegal experience preferred
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Exceptionally organized, efficient & articulate
- Proficiency working in a Mac environment, & specifically with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.), Dropbox, Excel, Adobe Acrobat & Word
- Note that a JD or Paralegal certificate is not required for this position
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.