Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncologycompanyfocused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development team is seeking a highly motivated, scientist for late-stage Lunar development. You will be responsible for helping to develop & validate cutting edge early cancer detection diagnostic NGS assays in a regulated environment. You will work with other members of the late-stage Lunar development teamas well as other teams in technology development. In addition, you will work cross-functionally with members of bioinformatics, quality, regulatory affairs, & operations. You will serve as mentor junior members of the team in all technical areas. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, a deep technical understanding of NGS assays & data analysis, & desire to learn late stage development & validation of an early cancer detection diagnostic NGS product.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 0-3 years' experience after Ph.D. or postdoctoral fellowship in industry
- Strong foundation in molecular biology techniques especially with regards to nucleic acids
- Hands-on experience with NGS assay workflows
- Strong data analysis skills & experience with NGS data analysis tools (Python, R, IGV, JMP etc.)
- Quantitative/analytical mindset: ability to segment complex problems into fundamental parts/basic principles, develop models & experimental tests for those models, & synthesize results into actionable solutions
- Demonstrated ability to organize, document, & communicate scientific datawith attention to detail
- Enjoy working independently & collaboratively in a fast-paced environment & able to adapt to change
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to contribute in an environment where
- High attention to detail, with the ability to create clear & concise technical documentation
- Demonstrated ability to organize & communicate complex information in a clear & concise manner to cross-functional audiences.
- Curiosity & drive
- Sense of humor is a must
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.