Software Engineer II
Build the first modern logistics platform
Flexport is building the first modern logistics platform to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, & disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
Exceptional software development is integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. At Flexport youll develop products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. Youll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems & streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. Youll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
Our team, the Customer Platform team, is responsible for developing our main user facing application. Our software provides a revolutionary new experience for our clients to track their shipments & place new bookings.
- Be part of the Customer Platform engineering team to build new front-end experiences for our clients & backend services enabling some of our core features.
- Work closely with product managers & design to distill complex business problems into elegant technical solutions.
- Build & launch products rapidly & incrementally. We ship to production dozens of times per day.
You should have:
- 3+ years of experience writing software, & a strong engineering background.
- Experience as a generalist working on both the frontend & backend to provide the best solutions for our users.
- A love of simple, well-tested code that is easy to extend & hard to break.
- The ability to convey technical ideas in common terms to business partners, product managers, designers & engineers alike.
- A bias for action. When you see a problem, you solve it.
- An aptitude for learning quickly.
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite & Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, & test our application with Jest. On the backend, were in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app & introducing services using other languages, such as Java, Kotlin & Node.js. Our data is persisted in mostly Postgres & Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.