Jackpocket is the first mobile lottery app in the U.S. that offers players a secure way to order official state lottery tickets, such as Powerball, Mega Millions, & more, via their smartphones. We're creating a more convenient, fun, & responsible way to play the lottery by modernizing the $300B global lottery market with a mobile platform that everyone, including grandma, can feel good about.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will lead the continued buildout of deployment tools & systems & assume ownership of the CI/CD pipeline. You will work across engineering teams to set up development environments, toolkits, staging, & facilitate deployments as well as contribute to system monitoring, infrastructure architecture, database configuration, etc. This is a full time role reporting to Jackpockets CTO.
- Lead the build out of deployment systems & assume ownership of the CI/CD pipeline
- Work with engineering stakeholders to build out engineering environments, scripts, toolkits, documentation, & deployment processes
- Participate in system monitoring & lead prevention & remediation activities for potential risks & issues that arise
- Manage GKE (Google Kubernetes Engine) & perform continued maintenance ensuring that the system is always running optimally & securely
- Own secret managers & access control, assigning specific permissions to engineers as needed
- Proactively introduce & Implement new technologies & automation to streamline & improve the development process
- 5+ years of demonstrated DevOps & CI/CD ownership experience
- Experience with systems languages such as python or golang
- Ability to produce non trivial bash scripts
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, & Argo CD
- Knowledge of Vault or similar secret managers
- Experience leading infrastructure initiatives & implementing new technologies to improve system performance
- Medical insurance covered up to 100% by Jackpocket
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits & Citi Bike membership
- Discounted gym membership
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen
- Flexible working hours
- Autonomy & upward mobility
This is a full-time exempt position & is not eligible for overtime under FLSA requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Jackpocket is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, & reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, & activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.