Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking for a Technical Sourcer who will help us achieve our ambitious hiring goals & take Codecademy to the next level. At Codecademy, our sourcers play an integral part in supporting our rapidly growing teams by working alongside our recruiters & hiring managers while managing candidates at the top of the funnel. This is a unique & highly impactful opportunity to help accelerate the business by engaging top talent across multiple business functions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build relationships with our core business leaders across a wide range of teams (Product, Design, Data Science, etc.)
- Work with Recruiters & Hiring Managers to develop creative strategies for engaging top talent for their teams through resume screening, outbound sourcing, networking, referrals, events, etc.
- Leverage data, your knowledge, & industry trends to build creative sourcing strategies & iterate on our interview process
- Lead by example & provide recruitment support to the Product & Business organizations
- Coach, mentor & train team members to find the best employees for our company
- Drive technology, process & teamwork efforts to enhance the recruitment process
- Proactively recruit passive talent to join the Codecademy team
- Deliver against set metrics to provide consistent results & data-backed progress
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Previous sourcing experience & the ability to support a wide range of functions
- Proven track record of identifying & assessing top talent
- A meticulous approach to organization
- Excellent written & verbal interpersonal skills to effectively communicate the Codecademy mission to candidates
- Ability to work with stakeholders to develop & iterate on best-in-class profiles to reflect the talent needs of the business
- Adaptability, resilience, & ability to thrive in ambiguity--ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A data-driven mindset: you utilize data to help drive your decisions
- Willingness to get into the details: you are open to feedback & help us to #improverelentlessly
- A growth-mindset: you are eager to expand your skill set & excited to carve out your career path in a high-growth setting
- You have a desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility & to work collaboratively with your team
- Mastery of successful pipeline management using an ATS (Greenhouse preferred), LinkedIn, & a variety of other channels
- Experience with email campaign tools, Gem preferred
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Experience working in high-growth, start-up environments
- Technical recruiting experience both in house & with some agency roots
- Previous Startup, SaaS, or EdTech experience
- Network of candidates in NYC area
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through technical education
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.