Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
In collaboration with the Talent Development team & internal & external subject matter experts, the Sr. Learning Experience Designer will assess, develop, & advise on highly effective, engaging, & relevant learning resources across mediums & for diverse employee groups. Ultimately, this role will design creative, scalable & repeatable content & programs that empower employees to make an impact with confidence.
The Sr. Learning Experience Designer will design & develop learning solutions & programs applying adult learning principles & systematic instructional design to create learning content that best fits the needs of the learner (including blended, virtual synchronous, & asynchronous) & supports the business goals of the department or organization. Theyll develop & maintain training best practices & standards, from experience design to experience assessments. Theyll work with program leads, SMEs, learning partners, & other collaborators & stakeholders on the creation of customized learning resources consistent with these standards & measuring & demonstrating organizational impact.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with People Partners & Talent Development team to design & develop learning solutions
- Guide & monitor content selection, curation, & shelf-life of current content & update & enhance learning content & modalities as needed
- Experiment with new content design formats & learning models to foster highest levels of employee engagement & development
- Develop exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, & other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies, & multimedia based assets.
- Leverage rapid course development techniques to produce, test, & iterate on content & enable fast delivery
- Use project management tools & skills to manage medium to large scale content development projects
- Determine the best modality for delivering learning topics based on learning group profiles
- Foster partnerships with key SMEs across the business to amplify knowledge centers & empower employees with access to relevant learning content; partner with SMEs to conceptualize & create learning content content, scripts, storyboards, & produce digital and/or in-person learning experiences
- Engage 3rd party learning partners where appropriate
- In collaboration with People Partners & Talent Development team, monitor training content effectiveness & develop measures to demonstrate training value & impact over time
- Develop & communicate guidelines & standards for content development
- Drive best practices & standardization/branding across learning initiatives
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelors Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Educational Psychology OR an equivalent combination of education & experience
- 5+ years of Instructional Design experience with 3+ years focused on virtual design
- Ability to operate & thrive independently in fast paced & ambiguous environment with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Proven experience taking complex business concepts & converting them to creative, engaging, & relevant learning experiences
- Strong program manager with exceptional communication, planning, prioritization, & organizational skills
- Experience analyzing needs for a variety of learning events to determine learning objectives & learning lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design developing learning deliverables for blended, virtual, self-paced, & in-class delivery (including use of eLearning Authoring software, such as Articulate Storyline, Vyond, Adobe Creative Suite) & Virtual Classroom (including Zoom)
- Multimedia Development experience creating educational audio & video, including script writing & storyboarding (voiceover training & experience a bonus)
- Experience with graphic design for learning (documentation, presentations, guides, self-paced modules, etc.) & graphic learning software, such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) or SnagIt
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with subject matter experts & managers to help write, design, & develop, & manage learning development projects
- Experience using data collection, research, & analysis to evaluate project outcomes & improve individual & organizational performance
- Prior experience with Exceed LMS & Evolve authoring tool
- Masters Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Educational Psychology
- Demonstrated teaching & meeting facilitation experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Vancouver & are happy to have a small but growing office outside of the downtown core in Mount Pleasant (a 10 minute walk from the Main StreetScience World Skytrain station). If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.