BuzzFeed is looking for extraordinary data scientists to help shape our understanding of how readers use our products & shape what we build. Were seeking passionate professionals who have a proven track record using data in a meaningful way, informing decision making, & driving the continued growth & success of a product. You balance technical expertise, domain knowledge & a capacity to be deeply inquisitive.
BuzzFeeds data science team is diverse. The team uses data-driven methods to power decisions, inform strategy, build robust data products, & identify opportunities for innovation across the company. We are true hybrids - software engineers, statisticians, domain experts & analysts - who specialize in translating questions into methodical approaches, experiments, & products. We think deeply about the limitations of data, & communicate our output coherently.
- Deliver exploratory data analyses that shape your teams roadmap & further our understanding of how audiences engage with content.
- Design robust experiments & evaluate their results.
- Make data-informed recommendations to partners in product, engineering, business & content teams.
- Monitor key product metrics & identify the root cause of changes in metrics
- Develop KPIs in a cross-platform world, balancing measures of engagement & revenue.
- Support development of data tools, such as dashboards, forecasts, anomaly detection, & our home-grown A/B testing platform.
- Communicate complex ideas in a clear way to partners across the company.
- Have the opportunity to grow as a manager of analytics & data science professionals.
- 2+ years of industry experience working on data-related initiatives.
- Good grasp of statistical concepts (e.g. hypothesis testing, regression)
- Proficiency manipulating data with Python.
- Proficiency with SQL.
- Experience with social data or media is a plus.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!