Who are we?
Were changing the way people send money abroad: were taking something complicated & making it simple. At WorldRemit, our people & our technology work together to create faster, easier & lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 145 countries around the world & have over 3 million happy customers a number thats growing every day!
Pushing boundaries isnt easy, but were hoping to find the right people to join us on our way.
Indonesia is a thriving remittance & payments region for WorldRemit, with substantial growth in received revenue. Continued accelerated growth will be achieved with the support of a strong, relationship-focused Country Manager who will help to maintain & grow existing relationships whilst also seeking to develop new business opportunities, targeting a wide variety of financial institutions in Indonesia as well as local retailers & mobile operators thus creating a wider choice of payout options for WorldRemits customers. The Country Manager for Indonesia will also work to increase the company's brand within the area through in-country marketing activities as well as setting up co-branded marketing between WorldRemit & our correspondents. Finally, an understanding or appreciation of the regulatory landscape as it relates to international remittances & mobile money will ensure WorldRemit remains compliant & licensed to operate.
- Identify & evaluate new payment partners within Indonesia across the remittance network, with a focus on Tier 1 financial institutions (mobile operators, retailers, banking, other digital service providers, etc.) & promoting WorldRemit as a leading, efficient & customer-centric service
- Negotiating with correspondents to reduce payout costs through a clear understanding of current market
- Proactively generate own leads & establish relationships either over the phone or face to face, consistently closing business & ensuring that projected sales targets are achieved
- Monitor key relationships & have ears to the ground in order to keep up to date with market dynamics & foresee any complications before they arise
- Contribute to product development plans based on live customer feedback, regulatory development & industry dynamic relevant to the Indonesia market
- Work with remote business & cross functional teams globally
- Travel throughout Indonesia when necessary to meet clients
- Produce regular revenue forecast reports
Summary of required experience & attributes
- A proven business development professional & relationship builder with a minimum of 5+ years experience, preferably selling into banks or financial institutions in Indonesia and/or having exposure to payments or value-add services in the consumer space
- Proven ability to influence at all levels, from Board Members, Senior Stakeholders, Senior Directors & Executives to Account Managers & Product Users
- A base understanding of the legal framework in the market, specifically in relation to the regulatory bodies & licensing procedures
- Academically strong & intellectually sound with the expertise to scope out the parameters & dynamics of the correspondent & consumer market. Producing well-thought out target lists & business plans to effectively prioritise their time & cover as much of the region as possible
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating & closing long-term deals through educating clients on product solutions & persuasiveness
- An ambitious self-starter, able to work autonomously & motivate themselves
- Languages: Fluent English & Bahasa